December 17, 2014

Wedding Wednesday - Our Venue

I loved our wedding venue!


Paul's on the Bay

One of the first vendors we booked after getting engaged was our venue. We knew we wanted to get married in our hometown where most of our family lived, so that part of the decision was easy. Through all of my vigorous research, I thought I knew every wedding venue in town. There are SO many gorgeous places in Pensacola to get married, but I had a few requirements. I wanted an outdoor ceremony with a gorgeous view. I wanted to have indoor space available for the reception that was equally as beautiful. I wanted to have somewhere to get dressed on site. I wanted to be able to bring in the caterer/florist/dj/planner of my choice. I wanted to be able to serve beer and wine. I wanted to overall vibe to be warm, Southern, cozy and comfortable, like a family gathering at grandma's house. We toured a few places that were nice, but each one felt like it was missing something. And then my sister nailed it on the head with her suggestion of Paul's on the Bay


Paul's on the Bay is the same building that used to house Skopelo's Restaurant many years ago. After the restaurant closed down, it was transformed into a one-of-a-kind event center. The interior is beautifully decorated, and the back terrace has the most stunning view of Pensacola Bay. One tour of the site and we were sold!

I loved that we were able to have our ceremony, cocktail hour, photography session and reception all at the same place! There are separate dressing rooms for the bride and groom, an onsite catering kitchen, as well as a built in bar. Dina, the owner off Paul's, even has her own wine and cheese shop, so she supplied all of our wine and beer for the evening. It really was a one stop shop for our venue needs!

Really though, it was the view that go me. Just have a look for yourself. 


 





I mean, how can you beat a scene like that? It was the beauty of a beach wedding, without the nuisance of sand in your shoes. We were blessed with the most beautiful, clear day in May, despite the monsoon that wrecked Pensacola the week prior to our wedding date. Paul's really set the stage for the best day of our lives. 

All photos by Mirabel Photography 

No comments:

Post a Comment