September 10, 2014

101 in 1001

This list. Oh my how I love a to-do list! I love any type of list really. Grocery lists, packing lists, lists of things Chris needs to do around the house. Lists of the types of lists I enjoy. I've never really been one for New Year's resolutions, but when I saw this idea on my favorite blog ever, I just had to do it. 

Essentially, these are the rules:


The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days? 
Many people have created lists in the past – frequently simple goals such as New Year’s resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.
Magical! I absolutely loved the premise so of course I sat right down and made my own. My first 101 list was created in September of 2011 and concluded in May of 2014 -- I completed 52 of my goals, which included donating $1 to charity for each item not completed (I rounded up to $50) and creating a new 101 list. I brought some of my incomplete goals forward to my new list, but also came up with new and exciting goals for the future. With my second list, I decided to group goals together based on what category they fall in to. Lists within a list, y'all! 
So without further ado, my second 101 in 1001 list:
Start date: July 27, 2014
End date: April 23, 2014
Crossed out is complete
Italics are in progress 
Financial::
1. Buy a house
2. Save $10,000 for emergencies 
3. Pay off credit card
4. Pay off student loans 
5. Pay off Mazda
6. Pay off Dodge

7. Create a household budget
8. Create a personal budget 
9. Read a financial book to learn about investments/retirement etc.
10. Buy something that will increase in value over time


Spiritual::

11. Find a church family 
12. Find a charity I am drawn to and donate monthly
13. Pay for someone's toll/bill
14. Adopt a family for Christmas 
15. Find an organization to volunteer with on a regular basis (TLCASC)
16. Plant a tree
17. Buy a modern version of the bible
18. Read the entire bible
19. Donate $10 to charity for each item not complete on list

Personal::

20. Get a raise
21. Aquire a DSLR camera and learn how to use it
22. Have boudoir photos taken
23. Save up and buy a pair of Louboutin pumps
24. Purchase a classic trench coat
25. Make a list of things I dislike about myself
26. Make a list of things I love about myself
27. Start a blog

28. Subscribe to a magazine I enjoy
29. Complete 10 DIY Pinterest projects
30. Get a facial
31. Try Shannon's eyelash extensions
32. Try ten foods/dishes I've never eaten before (lobster roll, gnocchi, creme brulee)

33. Order Personalized stationary 
34. Try a drastic new hairstyle (cut or color)

Marital::

35. Watch the Godfather trilogy 
36. Watch Star Wars (1,2,3,4,5,6 done!)

37. Take dance lessons with Chris
38. Stay in a bed and breakfast
39. Go unplugged for an entire weekend with Chris
40. Try five new restaurants (Vertigo, Backwoods Bistro, Food Glorious Food, A La Provence, )

41. Visit the grandparents in North Carolina
42. Do something random and sweet for Chris on ten occasions (Titanfall, Maze Runner, Scorch Trials, Baseball season tickets)

43. Sip coffee with Chris and watch the sunrise 
44. Complete the FSU newlywed study 

Educational::

45. Have another stick shift lesson
46. Change my own oil
47. Read the Chronicles of Narnia series
48. Take a class
49. Read a biography of someone I admire (Mindy Kaling)
50. Learn how to French braid my hair
51. Vote in the presidential election
52. Develop a skill to barter with
53. Read ten classics I haven't read before (Currently reading Pride and Prejudice) 


Adventure::

54. Visit a u-pick-em farm
55. Visit two states I've never been to (California Aug 2014)

56. Play in snow (in NC!)
57. Go camping
58. Go fishing
59. Play paintball
60. Go sailing
61. Attend an opera 
62. Go to a concert (Miranda Lambert, Sept 2014)
63. Attend the Kentucky Derby
64. Ride in a helicopter 
65. Go on a hot air balloon ride
66. Fly somewhere (California, Aug 2014)

67. See the Ellen show live

Health::

68. Have a successful, healthy pregnancy 
69. Weigh 140lbs
70. Run a 5K
71. Buy a bicycle 
72. Floss every day for one month
73. Exercise three times a week for one month
74. Drink only water for an entire week
75. Switch to caffeine free Diet Coke
76. Adopt meatless Monday 
77. Complete a work out challenge
78. Do not eat fast food in 2015 (...whoops)
79. Take a spin class
80. Donate blood three times
81. Keep a journal of everything I eat for an entire month
82. See a chiropractor 

Friends::

83. Host a dinner party 
84. Send Christmas cards each year 
85. Send flowers to a friend 
86. Host a wine/cheese tasting party 
87. Send a care package
88. Send a baby gift to all expectant friends 
89. Host a board game night 
90. Babysit for free
91. Make a new friend 
92. Send ten handwritten 'just because' notes to ten different people

Home::

93. Buy reusable grocery bags 
94. Buy a filing cabinet and organize important documents95. Make homemade pickles
96. Create a living will
97. Start an herb garden
98. Go a month without eating out
99. Have a professional photo printed on canvas and hang in our home
100. Invest in a new couch/living room set 
101. De-clutter house and donate items to Goodwill --ongoing!

No comments:

Post a Comment