September 16, 2014

Am I Skinny Yet?

if only 


I hate to break it to you guys, but Chris and I may be getting a divorce. 

Not a real divorce, just the silly kind where I scream profanities at him for awhile and then make him sleep on the couch. Why you ask? Oh I'll tell you why. Just you wait until you hear what he did. What he made me do!

He made me wake up at 5AM and go to the gym with him!

Ugh.

I hate exercise. I hate being sweaty. I hate being sore. I do not get a runner's high. I think those people who claim they do are flat out lying because they are miserable and they want to entice other people into being miserable with them. Running sucks. But today, I got my ass out of bed before dawn and ran. And lifted weights. And got both sweaty and sore. AND I ate a salad for dinner last night. Being sexy is hard work. 

Chris and I have started a new healthy living routine where basically we stop gouging ourselves on junk food every night in front of the television without moving for seven hours. 

Don't judge us, you've done it too. 

We've never been very consistent with our gym routines. He loves working out once we get there (which in turn pumps me up because I always want to win at everything. Period.), but its the talking ourselves into getting off the couch after work/walking dogs/dinner/housework and going the 2.4 miles up the road part that is tough. Thus Mr. SmartyPants decided we would just go in the morning. Before work. Before coffee. Before the sunrise. Ughh. It makes me sleepy just thinking about it.

Today was the first day, and in all honesty...it wasn't that bad. Except for the fact that we drove 2.4 miles up to our gym only to find that our key cards had become inactive. (whoops) No biggie. We'll just go to the nicer of the two gyms that are in our apartment complex. Except then we couldn't find the door that our amenities key will unlock to let us in after hours. 

(At this point I tried my hardest to convince Chris that obviously we were not meant to exercise today and please could I go home and go back to bed. No luck.)

We finally decided to just go to the tiny joke of a gym near our building. We did a little weightlifting and then moved on to our Couch to 5K app. If you are new to running, you should definitely try it! The app assists you in training for a 5K in 30 minute sessions, three days a week, for eight(ish) weeks. You can repeat days as necessary before moving on if you're really new to running like I am. 


The first day had us do a five minute warm up walk, alternate 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seconds of walking, and then a five minute cool down. I'm not saying it was pretty, but I managed to get through it in one piece. 


Chris can run the full thirty minutes no problem, but we aren't speaking to him right now. 

Supposedly we are going to wake up at that horrid hour at least three times a week for more of this torture. 

But maybe it will end up being a good thing after all....





Disclaimer: no husbands were harmed in the writing of this post 

1 comment:

  1. I feel this way a lot when I get up to work out! How's the 5am coming?

    ReplyDelete